In today’s digital world, tapping into the online market is necessary. Having a custom web development, either web application or website/portal; though, is more than just displaying your business card on the web.
Your web presence is an influential marketing tool. A well-maintained web application can help you gain a competitive advantage in your industry and advance your business image.
It is important to have a well developed web application.These ultimate 8 steps to guide for a better Web Application testing are-
1. Functionality Testing:
This is used to check if your product is as per the conditions you intended for it as well as the functional requirements you charted out for it in your developmental documentation.
Test all links in your web pages are functioning correctly and make sure there are no broken links. Links to be checked will include -
· Outgoing links
· Internal links
· Anchor Links
· MailTo Links
2. Usability testing:
Usability testing has now become a fundamental part of any web based project. It can be carried out by testers like a small focus group similar to the target audience of the web application.
3. Interface Testing:
Three areas to be tested here are - Application, Web and Database Server
· Application: Test requests are sent appropriately to the Database and output at the client side is displayed correctly. Errors if any must be caught by the application and must be only revealed to the administrator and not the end user.
· Web Server: Test Web server is handling all application requests without any service denial.
· Database Server: Make sure queries sent to the database give estimated results.
4. Database Testing:
Database is one serious component of your web application and stress must be laid to test it carefully. Testing activities will consist of-
· Test if any errors are made recognized while executing queries
· Data Integrity is maintained while creating, updating or deleting data in database.
· Check response time of queries and fine tune them if necessary.
· Test data retrieved from your database is shown accurately in your web application.
5. Compatibility testing:
Compatibility tests ensure that your web application displays correctly across different devices. This would contain-
Browser Compatibility Test:
6. Performance Testing:
This will ensure your site works under all loads. Testing activities will include but not limited to –
· Website application response times at different connection speeds
· Load test your web application to settle on its behavior under normal and peak loads
· Stress tests your web site to determine its break point when pushed to beyond normal loads at peak time.
· Test if a crash occurs due to peak load, how does the application get better from such an event
· Make sure optimization techniques like gzip compression, browser and server side cache enabled to reduce load times.
7. Security testing:
Security testing is vital for e-commerce website that store sensitive customer information like credit cards. Testing Activities will consist of-
· Test unauthorized access to protected pages should not be permitted
· Restricted files should not be downloadable without proper access
· Check sessions are automatically killed after expanded user inactivity
· On use of SSL certificates, website should re-direct to encrypted SSL pages.
8. Crowd Testing:
You will choose a large number of people (crowd) to execute tests which otherwise would have been executed a select group of people in the company. Crowdsourced testing is a remarkable and upcoming concept and helps unravel many unnoticed defects.
Web applications have come a long way and are presenting competitive advantages to traditional software based systems allowing businesses to join their systems and processes and above all trim down operating costs as well.
If you’re not taking your business online presence seriously, you’re at a drawback. Having a solid strategy has never harm a business, but it has created hundreds of success stories. If you haven’t started the discussion about your customized web application development, your social media, or the profit of online marketing, you can’t afford to wait any longer.
I am RG Infotech, passionate for providing web development. Love to write about what web development can change in business strategies for a great betterment.
All Agile Web Development Benefits Of Web Apps CMS Custom Software Development Custom Web Application Digital Marketing Facebook Marketing Google+ Intranet Intranet Applications Job Portal Keyword Research Mobile App Mobile App Development Mobile Applications Mobile UI Must Know Offshore Web Development Online Marketing Portal Development PPC Progressive Web Apps ROI SEM Seo Social Media Software Development Travel Portal Trends Twitter Marketing UI Designs UI/UX Designs UX Design Web Application Web Apps Web Designing Web Development Web Portal Web Portal Development Web Security Website Designing Website Development Website Promotion Website Traffic